When you’re building a marketing strategy for your business, there are an almost overwhelming set of options before you – from traditional options like print media, radio and TV advertising to the digital world of social media marketing, email and mobile marketing.
Unfortunately, it’s simply not enough to pick a few of these options at random and apply a one-size-fits-all strategy, as what works on traditional marketing media usually fails in the digital sphere. Online marketing requires a different approach in order to be successful, so here’s a brief guide on taking your campaign online and getting the best results:
- Know your audience: Insight into who your clients are is key to creating a targeted campaign and information on their demographic as well as interests, attitudes, motivations and behaviors will help narrow down your list to the most effective online marketing communication tools available.
- Don’t spread yourself too thin: So, your audience is on Twitter, Facebook, Google+, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube, using mobile devices and email regularly – Well, that’s a lot to handle if you want your content marketing team to maintain a regular presence on each platform. To narrow it down, have a look at how each platform can represent your services and products – if your products are highly aesthetic, for example, channels with a visual focus like Instagram, email and Facebook are great options.
- Be consistent: This is something that applies to your branding as well as your overarching design and tone. Consistent photo image quality, use of your brand’s colors, fonts and tone are all part of creating an immediate, recognizable connection between your client and your brand. If you are a law firm, for example, this professional tone should be carried through to your social media and your posts should always be in line with your firm’s values.
- Integrate: Have you written a great article or is your website launching a new product? Link it on your Twitter account, on Facebook and Google+ page using a great call to action. This kind of integration of content is the primary force for driving clients to your website and into your store.
- Track your results: Effectively utilizing analytics tools will help you monitor and improve your digital marketing strategy. You’ll have more information on how your clients are finding you, what social media platforms are being the most effective and you can even track the effectiveness of promotions like electronic coupons.
At WSI Digital Power, our team specializes in helping businesses get the most out of their digital marketing and social media marketing campaigns, utilizing market leading expertise and technology to help businesses throughout Ontario reach their potential. For more information, please contact us today.